Sunday, June 12, 2016 to
We will gather at Great Woods Zen retreat center to reconnect with nature in a half day of meditation and reflection, and to bless this precious earth through prayers/chanting . (The Zen center is nestled in 28 beautiful acres of woods out Hickory Grove Rd in east Charlotte – a lovely oasis in the City.) A group photo will be posted to the hashtag #SacredEarth2016 to add our voice to the thousands of others gathered around the world that same day.
Our activities may be indoors or outdoors, or both, depending on weather.
Free activity; facility fees for use of Great Woods Zen will be waived for this occasion.
• 9 am Welcome and meditation instructions
• 9:30 am Sitting Meditation
• 10:00 am Silent Forest Walk
• 10:30 am Teaching by Ayya Sudhamma; Blessing Chant for the planet; Meditation
• Noon Lunch (bring your own! see below)
• 1 pm Sitting Meditation
• 1:30 pm Discussion
• 2:30 pm End
What to bring:
• Bring a sitting cushion (or let us know to bring one for you from Charlotte Buddhist Vihara).
• Bring a cloth, mat or portable chair to sit on outside.
• Bring your own lunch (in a cooler if needed, as the ‘fridge is reserved for residents) and non-alky cold beverage.